Winners announced on Monday, March 23, 2015:
- Sam G., New York
- Zana B., New York
- Alban R., Washington D.C
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
1. Eligibility: Must be a U.S. resident at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Employees of Harvard University, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Harvard University, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12pm on Friday, March 6, 2015 and ending on Saturday, March 21, 2015.. All online entries must be received by 11:59PM EST on March 21, 2015..
4. How to Enter: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes. (a) Participate and complete the online survey or (b) Submit a postcard (no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches), handwrite your complete name, mailing address, phone number and age and mail with proper postage to CID Diaspora Contest, 79 JFK Street, Mailbox 34, Cambridge, MA 02138. All mailed entries must be postmarked by Tuesday, March 17, 2015 and received by Saturday March 21, 2015. If completing the online survey, you may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not complete the online survey or enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Harvard University. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Harvard University.
5. Prizes: There will be a total of 3 winners. Each winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Harvard University. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Harvard University's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Harvard University to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Harvard University shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT HARVARD UNIVERSITY'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Harvard University, anyone acting on behalf of Harvard University, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Harvard University reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Harvard University may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Harvard University. Harvard University reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Harvard University has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Harvard University reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Harvard University and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Contact: Center for International Development at Harvard University, 79 JFK St., Mailbox 34, Cambridge, MA 02138. Phone: 617-495-4112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org